Friday, November 12, 2010

My girlfriend is less than ';intellectual';, what do you guys think?

Me and my lady-friend have been talking for a little over four to five months now, but lately I've been noticing more and more that she doesn't quite enjoy things some might consider, ';intellectual'; or ';artsy.';





I don't consider myself to be any smarter than your average guy, but I'd like to think that some things in this world require a bit more thought than others; she, on the other hand, doesn't seem to see this fact my way.





I should have noticed this earlier when I asked her about her opinion on the modern world and how Nihilist ideals are becoming ever more present and acceptable in society, but instead, I just considered her to be involved or concerned with something else at the time, as she barely added anything to the conversation at all. We talk about your average, day-to-day stuff most of the time, so I'm not just sitting up here boring her to tears, but that was the first and really the only time I wanted her to stimulate or challenge me.





Recently, to my embarrassment, I wrote her a poem. It took me a while to write, and I'm proud to say I put quite a lot of thought in it, but upon reading it she didn't even bother to mention it to me the next time she saw me.





Now, I'm no egomaniac, and to be completely honest, I think it was a crap piece of work anyway, but I did spend a lot of time on it, and I was at least expecting a, ';thank you'; or even an, ';I hated it; get away from me.'; Instead, all I got was silence, which to me, is worse than any insult or criticism you could throw at me.





Now, at this point, I could have stayed quiet. I could have ignored her reaction. But instead, I called her out on it, because, as much as I'd hate to admit it, I was hurt. Her reaction?





';I thought by now you'd understand that I don't care for comments of that nature.';





I don't know why she reacted the way she did. Don't most women actually enjoy being the subject of a poem or song? I can't recall calling her a whore or a hinting at anything violently sexual in my poem, so what's her problem?





I consider her reaction to be strange and atypical of most women, would you agree?





Back to the story, I kept my tongue upon hearing those words, but it didn't make it any easier to hear. I walked it off, and now it appears we've actually sparked a bit of conflict in our short relationship for the first time. Which, to me, is funny in its own way.





I'm saying all of this on Yahoo.com, because I don't want to talk to her the same way you readers have read it: displaying all of my emotions, appearing like some effeminate crybaby who's all wound up. I'd rather have a group of strangers offer their opinions than go to straight to her and ruin something pleasant on something that, to her, might be extremely insignificant.





So please, leave a comment, and tell me what you think. Am I overreacting? Is she cold? Am I embarrassing her? Is she insecure? Is she just plain stupid? (Lol, at that last one)





I'd like to see what you (hopefully) kind folks have to say.





Thanks in advance.My girlfriend is less than ';intellectual';, what do you guys think?
What was the poem about? Like... by ';nature'; does she mean the ';big words'; you used or she doesn't like people telling her how fond of her they are? Either way... I don't get her. I don't like her. She seems very out of touch with your feelings and the way you think in general. Very selfish, in my opinion. I'm not into the whole ';write me poems, buy me flowers'; type thing either, but early on in a relationship it is very nice to get signs that the other person really is in it to win it. You are clearly trying to show her that she means a lot to you and she just doesn't seem to get it or care. I'd leave her.My girlfriend is less than ';intellectual';, what do you guys think?
too long make it shorter
You are a guy in a short term relationship, therefore you are only allowed one problem before you end it.
Don't you mean: ';My lady-friend and I';?





You're welcome,


~The Unquestioner!
I joined a group where these discussions take place. weigh your options, believe me I understand.
Are you sure you guys are really right for each other?





The strangest thing that stood out was the poem thing... if a guy wrote me a poem.. and no offence meant by this next bit.. but even if it was the CHESSIEST poem in the world id still be flattered by it (and im not really a fan of poems) but the fact they someone took time out to do that for me would seem quite sweet... she could have at least pretended to like it but to ignore it and then sound offended by it does sound a little bit odd....





The way I see things is if you are with someone who you feel you cant even try to bring up issues like these or if you feel like youre being judged as something youre not then id wonder if it really is right...





Are there any plus sides, like is there anything you really do agree on or have really good fun with etc.. or is it all confusion and finding it hard to find a common ground?





I know ive not helped a load but hopefully given some advice to think about lol :) good luck!
So she's dumb you don't have to tell us a story just ask yourself is she really worth your time? Do you really think you can be with her? It seems to me like you are having a tough time communicating with her and she's not your type well just hit it and quit she sounds as if she's ones of those girls
u have too much going on move on n find someone on ur level

No comments:

Post a Comment