Thursday, October 28, 2010

I need relationship advice!?

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING



ok i have been at my current job for over a year now, and since the day i started i secretly had my eyes on one of the guys who works there. I never said anything, i just always found him extremely attractive (he's an ex army ranger, very polite, strong, great smile).... well over the past 5 months i have worked very close w/ him (he's one of the assistant mgrs now) and we always ';joke'; back and forth about me ';liking'; him. Never anything that could b percieved as to serious. The other mgr always says stuff to him about me liking him, and he just always usually blushes and smiles. Over these past few months i have really grown to seriously like this guy!



Then i got hit with the news recently that he has to go to florida soon to relocate to run an office down there, %26amp; i will most likely take the assistant mgr position here....but suddenly it has hit me like a sac of BRICKS that this guy is actually leaving, and i have feelings for him that i have never expressed nor shown. Here;s the thing--- i want soooo badly to let him know how i feel, and find out if there is a chance he may feel the same? But i am torn between fear of rejection and fear that he may find it inappropriate if he DOESNT feel the same, or maybe i'm not his type?



Last time we talked on the phone i told him i was going to miss him and he said ';why dont you come to florida?';



I did send him a text msg saying ';I'm sad youre leaving :( r u leaving for good or coming back'; he replied ';ohh thank you i will miss you as well. Not sure how long i will be gone ';. So i texted him later that night'; Hey! I'm not sure when youre leaving but i was thinking maybe we could get together one saturday after work to eat or something...my treat :) i know youre shy.....lol. but let me know! ';



At first he didnt respond so i said ';cat got your tongue?';



His reply was '; i will try my best, depending on when i'm leaving cause things may b a bit crazy till then';.



I dont know how to take his responses....was that just a NICE ';no'; or is it possible he may feel the same? Part of me thinks he HAS to realize through my text msgs/ conversation that i am TRYING to tell him i like him, and if he found it inappropriate he would have just said ';no i wont be able to';. or is it still possible that he doesnt realize? I dont know if or how i should tell him, or what to say, to let him know how i feel without throwing myself under the bus? I also feel like time is running out and if i dont find out or let him know SOMEHOW i will always regret it.



Any advice on the situation? Should i pull him to the side at the office and just tell him? or would that be to pushy? my mom works there also, i thought about having HER tell him something like ';you know, my daughter really likes you';... Or would that embarass him or b a bad decision? I know he IS shy when it comes to women and he isnt seeing anyone if that helps. And no, he's not MY boss either.I need relationship advice!?
Honestly, I think he's just being nice. If he liked you he would have asked you out by now or at least taken you up on your offer.



And really, when you think about it...he's leaving. Would you really want a long distance relationship? Those are reallly hard, and usually only work if you've been with that person a while.



Good Luck with him......however I really think you should move on

No comments:

Post a Comment