Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm re-posting this as there are new people here. Please give your views.?

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.





9 - You feel insulted and ';dehumanized'; when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.





8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.





7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the ';atrocities'; attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in ';Exodus'; and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in ';Joshua'; including women, children, and trees!





6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.





5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.





4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most ';tolerant'; and ';loving.';








3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in ';tongues'; may be all the evidence you need to ';prove'; Christianity.





2 - You define 0.01% as a ';high success rate'; when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.





1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.I'm re-posting this as there are new people here. Please give your views.?
Do you have a question or just wish to show your hatred of Christianity?I'm re-posting this as there are new people here. Please give your views.?
I haven't heard about the ';thousands of gods'; claimed by other religions so a ';vigorous'; denial is imagined on your part. I know that some deny the existence of ';my'; God but this does not make me ';feel outraged.'; Maybe a little bit sad, but you have no right to dictate how I feel because you are not me and cannot possibly know my feelings.


I know that scientists differ in their theories concerning origins and believe it or not most of them are leaning towards intelligent design and are ready to scrape Darwinian wishful thinking onto the scrap heap to which it belongs. Also again you have no way of knowing how I feel so I will inform you that your ignorance does not insult me and I do not feel ';dehumanized'; by the misguided assertions of Darwinian naturalism.


I don't laugh at Polytheists for I see no humor in them and I do not think it is their intention to make me laugh. It does bother me that so much death and dying has so peppered human history by all means.


What turns my face purple usually has more to do with personal body functions rather than atrocities which are part of the world for which I have no control over.


You are correct that I have no problem with God impregnating Mary, He is after all God and should be able to accomplish such an unbelieveable task if He can keep the universe intact. Hindu's and Greeks with their beliefs? Does not make me laugh.


The theory of the earths age is just that. A theory. Before you speak of something you have not demonstrated a reasonable degree of knowledge in, such as the ';Bronze Age'; maybe you might want to establish your explanation of the Cambrian Explosion where unevolved life forms suddenly appear in the fossil record with no previous record of closely related fossils which would support the gradual development of fully developed species. Maybe you have a wishful thinking rubberband theory for that.


The only thing tolerant about your self agrandizing know it all moral relativistic secular post modern social engineering Darwinian naturalistic philosophy is your toleration of hate towards Christians.


As far as who knows more than who about the Bible, Christianity or church history theists or atheists, why don't you just admit that its better for you to run someone elses belief down than to stand up and prove the logic behind your own epistomology that denies cause and effect, common sense realism, or grounds for moral obligation.
Who?
I am a ';progressive'; Christian. I hope other Christians will read your ideas and, instead of getting defensive and lashing out at you, will consider your ideas and grow in faith because of them...
When you grow a pair, why don't you spout off your hatred about Islam.
It is true that hypocrites who call themselves ';Christian'; have brought great reproach upon the bible, the Judeo-Christian deity, and organized religion in general.





Interestingly, the bible itself foretold a time like ours:





(2 Timothy 4:3-5) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.





(1 Timothy 1:3,4) Command certain ones not to teach different doctrine, nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.





Learn more about the pure worship of Jehovah's Witnesses at their official website:


http://watchtower.org
I didn't see a question in there.
10) I don't. God gave us free will and everybody's entitled to believe what they want to believe. It makes life interesting.





09) I don't. Only someone as smart as God could create evolution.





08) I don't. (See #10)





07) I don't. God and Allah are the same thing. I turn purple when people kill other people for any reason.





06) I don't laugh...I just don't believe in the Hindu or Greek gods.





05) I don't. It makes perfect sense that God created science. He made everything else; why not science? (See # 09)





04) I don't. I'm a Christian and I will consider myself to by very lucky if I don't end up in Hell.





03) Scientific hypothesis are proved by demonstrating something CAN'T be done or doesn't exist. Since nobody can prove that God doesn't exist, scientifically he DOES! (';Tongues'; is only something other than ones native language...it'd be odd if I suddenly started speaking, say, Greek, but anything's possible. I believed in God before I ever heard of ';tongues.';





02) All prayers are answered. They're answered by God as God wills. If God doesn't want me to fly like a bird or win the lottery, that's His will. God doesn't give in to extortion. He doesn't need US...we need HIM!





01) I probably DO know a lot less about the Bible than most...but so what? The Bible is a guide...and God existed perfectly fine for long before the Bible was written!
Actually, only one item in your list of ten items even remotely applies to me -- even though I'm a seriously-practicing Christian of the Roman Catholic variety.





This means that you've got some seriously wrong misconceptions about Christians, my friend. I suggest you have a look at that log in your own eye, before worrying about someone else's.
I pray for people who are confused,you are no exception
I get so tired of atheist rants. Believe what you want to and shut the hell up.





You're not the only one who gets tired of hearing people JUST LIKE YOU who try so desperately to get other people to believe what you do.
A good question it should be re-posted every day!
Where do these people you refer to as ';You'; come from. They do not sound like me or the Christians I know.
You have obviously spent a lot of time collecting data to support your lack of belief.





I am very comfortable in my beliefs. I, too, have questions. That doesn't mean I don't believe in God. That also means I don't feel a need to defend my beliefs nor do I need to question or belittle the way another person chooses to believe.





Now, what was your question?
ur just asked to be yelled at aren't you? all you athiests are the same all you wan tot do is fight.
You've raised some very good points there. I'm amazed though to see how many blinkered people still try to argue them.
because our religion is the only real and true one and wen u get saved u will know y
11, none of the above. Yes I did read it carefully. I do think that your ways of presenting this is you attacking people. So it is a poke the bear situation. Are you trying to make people like you. If we don't believe what you believe then we are ignorant? I sorry if this is your life goal.
You just wrote a Bible!
My view on this is that you are ignorant and would rather insult other people and what they believe in than become educated and open to others. I am usually very willing to listen to other's opinions/beliefs but in this case not so much.
11
You seem to be very angry at Christians.





How many exactly do you know? And are they all really as bad you make them out to be?
And that still doesn't change the fact that the Bible is the word of God. Test it for yourself, if you had read and tested it you wouldn't be saying all that you said.

No comments:

Post a Comment