Friday, October 22, 2010

♥ Poll: How many times daily do you have to bite your tongue to NOT say what you're really thinking?

My Day got off to a bad start. The very 1st customer of the day was a real P.I.A. He incessantly and intentionally gave me a really difficult time. He was absolutely the most cantakerous person I've seen in a while and about 75 years of miserable wrapped up as a tiny old man. For real. He started picking on me the minute that he walked through my line.





BEANS: [smiles] Good Morning.


OLD MAN: [scowls] What's so good about it?


BEANS: um, okay [bites lip]... did you find everything you needed today?


OLD MAN: You don't really care, so why does it matter if i did or not?


BEANS: [slowing becoming annoyed] If i didn't care i wouldn't've asked you. [Processes merchandise]


OLD MAN: [angrily interrupts] Yes you would it's your job. You say what they want you to say. You're a robot.


BEANS: [increasingly becoming annoyed] Um, yeah see I only say what i want to say and obviously NOW I am sorry that i asked you.


OLD MAN: [angrily] No you're not, you're all the same. You're robots.


BEANS: [blood pressure rising;] Okay, whatever you say. [begins counting product]


OLD MAN: [crossly] You don't have to count that! There's 5 there.


BEANS: [thinks to herself] OMG If you don't shut the hell up ...


[actually says:] I apologise for the inconvenience but i DO have to count these. It'll only take a moment...


OLD MAN: [interrupting] No you don't! I just counted them! I said there's five there, and fourteen of the other, don't you trust me or are you stupid?


BEANS: [thinks to herself: No he didn't just say that?!] [sighs annoyedly]


[actually says:] It's not that i distrust you, but it's my job. I am required to count all similar pieces of inventory for verification. I apologise if i offended you. [Continues counting]


OLD MAN: [sharply] What are doing? Robot. Don't you listen?! I said You don't have to count that I said there's five there, and fourteen of the other.


BEANS: [bites lip so that she is nearly drawing blood] Again, I have to count these, it's my job.


OLD MAN: [angrily and annoyingly] No you don't! Now you're lying to me! You're lying! That machine over there doesn't count them, You're lying you just want to make me wait. You're lying Robot! You're a Liar!


BEANS: [biting lip REALLY hard; frustrated] [thinks to herself: OMG I am going to lose my job because i am going to clock and old man right up in his grill with a slab of ceramic tile...]


[actually says:] .... THAT [points] machine over there is a Self-Checkout. You cannot add quantities in and of yourself; THIS is a regular POS system, a register and I HAVE TO COUNT THESE FOR YOU SO I CAN ENTER A QUANTITY.


OLD MAN: [irritatingly] See, you're all the same You're a robot! Robot tells me what they want her to say. Robot Robot! Lying robot!


BEANS: [now REALLY annoyed; indignant] Excuse me? That was uncalled for ...


OLD MAN: [berating] Just like a woman, have to get the last word in. You don't care about me, you're a robot. You're all robots.


BEANS: [thinks to herself: Dear Jesus, Please help me. I don't want to bust some old man upside his dome with a hand-held scanner, because that would be very wrong. Very wrong indeed. But if he doesn't shut the hell up i may have to. And really hard too. Thank You for seeing my point of view; Amen.]


[actually says] okay then [and continues counting all 19 pieces; hurriedly] *sighs frustratedly*


OLD MAN: Hurry Robot, count the pieces after i already told you how many. [mockingly] three, four, five, six ....


BEANS: [thinks to herself] Shouldn't you be in a nursing home somewhere? You old coot.


OLD MAN: Hurry robot. beep beep beep.


BEANS: [thinks to herself] Who's letting you wander about without your medication?


[actually says] Don't you have somewhere to be?


OLD MAN: No just here with the robot waiting for my things. [pause] Robot!


BEANS: [finishes transaction speedily; recites total] It'll be ... (whatever the total was, I forget)


OLD MAN: [counting slowly] Are you listening to me count? Do you think you can remember or are you going to count THAT again too..


BEANS: [bites lip] Yep, I have to recount that also.


OLD MAN: Distrustful robot! Just like a woman!


BEANS: [completes transaction; hands him his change] SIGHS.


OLD MAN: [continues standing in the aisle; crossly] Well aren’t you going to tell me to “Have a nice day” Robot?


BEANS: [bites lip hard] No, I’m not. I hope you have a miserable day. How’s that for robotic?


[turns back and walks away].





THE END.





SO, Seriously my friends ..... how many times do you find yourself in need of using restraint when dealing with the general public? For me it was like, 50 times today ... usually, it's not that bad.


xoxo


♥♥ Poll: How many times daily do you have to bite your tongue to NOT say what you're really thinking?
That is actually a very hilarious story. I don't have a job where I work with the general public like that and this story just makes me even happier that I don't. However, I do have to bite my lip quite a lot in a day to keep from saying what I want. People just have a knack of pissing me off.♥ Poll: How many times daily do you have to bite your tongue to NOT say what you're really thinking?
well i didn't read all of that but i always say what im thinking
I was too lazy to read the conversation so I'm saying that I bite my tongue a million times a day to stop from saying what I'm REALLY thinking. =)
WOW you really did well...


good luck with your next customers robot! (jk)
Wow... I wouldn't have been able to deal with him.. You honestly have a lot of patience. : )





EDIT: OH I'm sorry, I mis-understood, and since I don't have a job, no need to worry about getting fired! Not many times a day. Sometimes I just blurb it out, depends on whom though.. If it's my mum, then no. : )








xxx
I read your conversation, and if I were you I would be laughing at the man who has no life and needs to make others days miserable. Poor guy.





Usually I bite my tongue once or twice a day to stop from blurting out random answers.
Too damn many to count - and the general public can be a real pain in the butt to work with everyday!
Several--bless you my child!





♥♥♥
aaaaah Beans Baby, you've excelled yourself this time luv ....... you honestly deserve the highest accolade on the planet for restraining yourself ........ i worship you ........ you walk on hallowed ground my little mate ......... therein lies the reason i am a virtual recluse ........ i would have cut him short right at the pass with something to the effect of .............';Excuse me, i'll just get my boss ....... i don't get paid enough to deal with ignorantazzes like you';............ haaaa ha ha ha ha ........ actually, i've done precisely that before ......... lucky for me the manager was 10 years younger than me and slightly in awe i guess........ and that is not a recommendation to go forth and do what i did my friend ........... bear in mind that i'm grounded to home duties ......... i do regularly tend to put mouth into action before putting brain into gear ...... i do have the social skills of a bulldozer you know..... oh, answer the question hey ....... i wouldn't exercise restraint in a situation like that ...... the minute he called you a Robot i would classify that as utter disrespect ........ i can't abide people who dis me and my acid little tongue automatically takes on a mind of it's own ....... that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it........... what's wrong with people just being nice and polite ....... ;0)





peace baby



For real?!!! What a jerk. You really handled it well, too. I would have either tried to kill him or stood there in tears. I guess when you deal with the public, patience is definitely called for! I understand because I do it everyday, too. Don't worry, though. Next time, you'll get a nice one who treats you with the respect you deserve.
ha ha, all day long..





ie: many many times :)
No more tongue-biting because I’m no longer at the mercy of a pay check. And the next job I take, it will be because I want it, not that I need it... BUT, how ’bout biting fingers? I could really let them fly across the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment