Thursday, October 28, 2010

Is my second novel good so far?

Here it is:

The delicious scent of my next meal raced through my nose, into my veins and circled around my body, raising the level of adrenaline. He smelled fearful, hasty and confused, as though he truly was lost in who was chasing him. The brush around me was like an obstacle course, fit to perplex me, although I was too wise for that trick. He had driven me into a maze, aiming to lose me in his comfort zone. But I was The Special One, born to catch anything that got away from my grasp. My senses were too keen to escape, and secretly, he knew it. He just wouldn’t admit it to himself. He knew he was a lost soul.



I could now hear his heavy breath and the sweat dripping down his face, like slow droplets of rain falling to emptiness, a black hole filled with nothing but darkness, just like my life.



I closed him in by pursuing him into a corner. It was a blank space, perfect for killing someone without any notice from outsiders. This was the kind of place I usually used for my kill. He should’ve known better than to try and cheat me, but his choice was now his demise. His scent got heavier on my tongue, and I could taste his rush. Of course I could make this easy, but I decided to save my best ability for last, so he could see how inescapable I really was before he died. How much of an intelligent plan that was.



I came up on his rear, halting far away enough to make this slow and chilling for him. He turned and what I glimpsed on his face was none out of the typical.... His eyes stared at mine, silently begging me to spare him. His cheeks were bony to the extreme, leaving my nose more vulnerable to the sweet aroma of his blood. Yet his mouth was left ajar, gasping at my appearance. He didn’t know that a woman was his death maker, let alone how beautiful she would be. His eyes hovered over my golden hair that freely swayed in the wind. Next were my eyes, perfectly glossy and blood-red.



My goddess-like figure was covered in a strapless, ocean-blue dress that hugged my curves until its end at my lower thighs. It was an irresistible match to my strappy heels with a white ribbon strangling my calves up to my knees.



Once his eyes came back to mine, he was astonished and most of all, pitiable. All men were the same, and all the one’s I hunted were toyed with by my presence, tricked by desire into my wicked little trap. His conscience would live on this forever; slain by a gorgeous female; the worst termination for a guy.



He blinked his pale green eyes, stepping out from my illusion. He staggered backwards and then he foolishly searched the small field for a quick exit, that didn’t exist. He should know.



I could tell that this pursuit had fully knocked out all his common sense by the way he simply turned his back to me, looking for a few trees to jump, I supposed. How imprudent could these male vampires get?



I was in front of his panicked face in seconds, like a nightmare all over again. This was my trap, and now he was hopeless. I called these kind, “Idiots with no brain to function.” These were the kind of prey that could be caged within seconds, but I liked the difficult road better.



“Please! Please, don’t do this! I will do anything!” His frantic tone excited me. I twitched my eyebrows. “Anything is but a small price for your life. I would have only foolishness to take that common offer.” It seemed like my delicate, feminine voice startled him even more. His eyes popped wide with despair and desperation, it made me cry with laughter.

He opened his mouth to speak, “What…are you?”



I couldn’t elect whether to put him off and say something critical like, “Your worst nightmare.” Or take the express road and just suck the life out of him already. So, I came up with an easy resolve. I was at his ear hastily, “A savage to our kind. I hope you enjoy death.” I was cruel to the ends, and indeed a savage.



He and I both knew when I was ready to bite. Just to make this part less painful-it was my merciful day-, I threw my knuckle into his jaw line, knocking him out for his own funeral. He would still feel it, but the paranoia and effects of the bite would be at a low for him, lucky one.



As my fangs grazed his neck line, a faint croak jumped from his throat. The saccharine taste of the gold blood was the best relief I’d felt all day.



Chapter 2



When we bit humans, they would feel a quick, yet extremely excruciating sting on the spot we had chomped, until they passed. As far as I knew, when I bit one of my own kind all they felt was a sharp, needle-like pin in their skin, and then they would pass out quicker than the humans did. The sting was left out for us because we didn’t contain the same stained blood that mortals did, our blood was a golden substance that was thinner than a human’s. What I loved about it was that it was almost inexplicably tastier than a human’s.



No, vampires were not allowed to swallow their own kind, but I was a lawIs my second novel good so far?
I think it was really good .. but at first it really seems like you were getting into the twilight idea , but instead used a girl as the vampire instead of a guy.Is my second novel good so far?
i think its great and kept me hooked :D x

No comments:

Post a Comment